Cousteau, the most renowned pioneer of underwater exploration and
filmmaking, upon diving Sipadan, declared “we have found an
untouched piece of art”. Everything big, small and in between
is also an apt description to diving around two of the most idyllic
islands of Sabah, East Borneo. From the famous tornado like spirals
of Barracuda, Trevally, Turtles, Bumphead Parrots and Reef Sharks
to a mind boggling variety of muck critters such as nudibranchs, ghost
pipefish, mantis shrimps, stonefish, mandarinfish, garden and ribbon
eels, frogfish, sea horses, crocodile fish, Devil Scorpionfish and
much, much more, will leave you breathless for all the right reasons
• Mabul, one of the best macro diving destinations worldwide,
hosts a stunning array of weird and wonderful creatures
• Sipadan, world class diving with , Barracuda Point and the
Jetty Drop Off on every divers wish list
10 days / 9 nights excluding travel time
Visibility / Dive Season:
6 to 30 meters / Year around.
Best season April to December
Type of diving available:
Wall, drift, beach and muck dives.
Open Water certification is fine for Mabul dives. Advanced Open
Water certification is recommended for Sipadan as wall dives can
often be deeper than 18 meters and may be subject to moderate to
strong currents. Great place to go in for your Advanced open water,
U/W Photography, Enriched Air Nitrox and U/W Naturalist certifications.
Non divers welcome but will have limited options for activities
and excursions as both locations are island resorts, perfect for
those who wish to swim, snorkel and relax with a good book!
Package Inclusions :
• Airport - Hotel - Airport transfer within Kota Kinabalu
on arrival and departure day.
• Ground transfers within Tawau - Semporna - Mabul Island
and return by van / coach and boat.
• Twin-share semi-detached chalet accommodation at Mabul Island.
• Three meals a day PLUS light snacks and beverages served
all day (excluding alcoholic and carbonated soft drinks) while at
the dive resort.
• Three boat dives a day with a professional Divemaster at
either Sipadan, Mabul or Kapalai.
• Bonus sunset buddy boat dive at Mabul House reef
Quota and Weather permitting for Sipadan dives.
Package Exclusions :
• Sipadan Island park fees of US$12.00 per day
• Alcoholic and carbonated soft drinks
• All equipment hire (use of dive computer mandatory)
• Local fees and porterage
• All visas, airport taxes and personal expenses
• Dive and travel insurance
• Single supplement surcharge
Specialty courses available
on the trip!
Advanced Open Water course, Enriched Air Nitrox & U/W Photography
at special discount prices!!
• 100% payment must be made in advance to confirm the trip
• Credit card payments will be charged 4% extra on total
Cancellation Policy :
30-60 days prior to trip 50%
15-30 days prior to trip 25%
Less than 15 days Non-refundable
Please note that prices and schedules are for indication only and
subject to final confirmation at the time of full payment. We reserve
the right to change details based on demand and availability.